AHCA BA Recipients & Parents/Guardians
Recipients & Parents / Guardians
Beginning December 1, 2019 through August 1, 2020, the Agency will initiate a soft-launch of the EVV system with a mandatory launch date no earlier than August 1, 2020, behavior analysis (BA) service claims submitted to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Medicaid program in Regions 9, 10, and 11 (Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, Indian River, Okeechobee, St. Lucie, Martin and Palm Beach) Counties must be submitted via the Tellus Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Claims Console.
This change will not affect the prior authorization process for BA services.
What will change? Beginning December 1, 2019 through August 1, 2020, the Agency will initiate a soft-launch of the EVV system with a mandatory launch date no earlier than August 1, 2020, your BA provider(s) will use a mobile application on a smart device or laptop as they deliver services to recipients. This mobile application automatically records and sends necessary information back to the scheduling and billing entity, who in turn, submit the claims and use the data to improve scheduling. This technology will also help identify any providers who are not delivering contracted services as approved through the prior authorization process, or according to scheduled day/times.
What you will experience during a visit:
- The BA provider will check in using the mobile application when they arrive.
- The provider will check off services delivered using the mobile application or laptop.
- The provider will check out when the visit is finished.
- Recipients, parents, or another responsible party will have the opportunity to provide a digital signature at the end of the visit to confirm the approved services were delivered.
- The provider will also digitally sign to confirm the services were delivered.
If there are issues or visit disruptions that prevent the data from being entered at the time of the visit, the provider can complete the entry of the information later with help from a scheduler or biller.
For questions about Medicaid support of BA services or the content of those services, or if you want to find a BA services provider, please visit the resources below.
Useful links for parents and providers